What’s old is new again at the historic home of James Monroe, the fifth President of the United States. Known for over a century as Ash Lawn-Highland and simply Ash Lawn, we have returned to the name James Monroe used for his Albemarle County home from 1799-1823. The new –old—name for James Monroe’s Highland is now accompanied by a brand identity that reflects its direct connection with Monroe, the youngest of the Virginia Dynasty presidents. The logo and wordmark feature Highland blues, and a silhouette of Monroe, drawn from the Piccirilli statue. Monroe is depicted facing outward from the word Highland and a version of his own signature. The outward-facing Monroe may be seen to look beyond U.S. shores into the world of foreign affairs, where he was oriented for much of his career. It also reflects William & Mary’s Monroe Legacy Project, which includes initiatives on the main campus as well as those that are specific to neither Highland nor Williamsburg.